Monday, March 26, 2007

Basket Weave Baby Hat


This hat is knit in the round, you can use 12"circulars or dpns.


Worsted Weight yarn

size 9 needles, if you use circulars you will also need dpns for when it gets too small.


Cast on 48 sts. join being careful not to twist sts.


Work in K1,P1 or K2,P2 ribbing for 1".


Rows 1-4: K4, P4 around

Rows 5-8: P4, K4 around

Rows 9-12: K4, P4 around

Rows 13-16: P4, K4 around

Rows 17-20: K4, P4 around

Row 21: Knit around


Decrease rows:

Row 1: K4, K2tog around

Row 2: Knit around

Row 3: K3, K2tog around

Row 4: Knit around

Row 5: K2, K2tog around

Row 6: Knit around

Row 7: K1, K2tog around

Row 8: K2tog around


Cut yarn, pull thru remaining sts, tie off.
2007 Kelly Kearney

If making one for a gift please consider making one for Charity too :)
Do not sell pattern or items made from pattern.
Do not post pattern on another site, please post just the link.

12 comments:

LISA GOULD said...

I came across this hat, all i can say is - I LOVE IT!! Thanks for posting it! I can't get on with dpns, so i tried it on straight needles and it worked out ok.
I knit for a charity called Bonnie Babies - www.bonniebabies.co.uk - so will be knitting more for them.

Kecia said...

I made this hat. It was so easy and I love your decreases.

Thank you. Sending my hat to a battered women's shelter in Pine Ridge Reservation in SD.

Take Care,
Kecia

Valerie said...

I just made this hat for a friend's shower gift. It knit up super quick and cute. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the cute pattern - I was looking for a fun, simple hat for babies to send to my cousin serving in Afghanistan. He's a medic, so I think he'll find lots of little ones to share them with.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pattern, loved the decrease. Made this hat for the hospital nursery where I work. Loved how it turned out, plan to make many more for them.

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing..... I make hats and blankets for local hospital neo-natal loss program. this will be a big hit, I am sure
thanks again

Anonymous said...

This seems simple enough for a hat someone asked me to make. Thank you so much for posting! I think I would've been searching for hours without it.

stitchingpooh said...

Love the Hat and your blog I will certainly make many more :o)

Stella said...

Thank you for the pattern! I'm using it for a school project In which I am making hats from yarn that I spun and plant dyed. Im sending the hats to flying kites foundation. So thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Super cute pattern. Id like to make this for my own babe, wondering what age of baby this particular pattern is for. Thanks! Beth

Dinah said...

Sorry to be dense, but what ply is the wool used in this pattern? I'm in Australia so the needle sizes are different! Love this hat :)

Kelly said...

I believe its 4ply.