Friday, March 16, 2007

Southside Hospital on L.I.

Southside hospital is located in Bayshore on Long Island. They deliver approximately 200 babies a month. Unfortunately most of these babies are born to families that have nothing. That is where we come in. I belong to a group called Hugs for Hope. We donate to hospitals in 3 states. We make and donate blankets and hats in fullterm and preemie sizes and sweaters in fullterm sizes. I am in charge of collecting and delivering items to Southside. We are a small group and do our best to give as much as we can. Sadly, we cannot keep up with the needs they have. I have started this blog to try and attract knitters, crocheters and sewers on LI to help us. I am hoping to keep the nursery fully stocked at all times. Whenever I make a delivery I am greeted by someone saying they are so happy to see me because they are out of hats or blankets. It would be great to never have to hear that again.

If you are interested in helping please feel free to leave a comment. Make sure to leave your email addy so I can get back to you.

No comments: