Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I made a sock!!!!




My first sock!!! I never wanted to make socks before. Then like 3 weeks ago I got the bug, I have OCD so I get a lot of bugs if you know what I mean. Most of them fizzle out about a week later. I told myself if I still wanted to by May 1st then I would get the stuff and go for it. Well sock stuff kept popping up everywhere, I met with some knitting friends for lunch and what did one bring for show and tell? Socks!! Then I'm watching knitty gritty and what are they doing? Making socks! And that is the pattern I used. Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (the yarn harlot) was on showing how to make a simple pair of socks. She called it a recipe not a pattern. So I saved the episode to my DVR in case I needed to check back for some tips. I used Lion Brand Magic Stripes and size 2 needles. It was quite easy and I really enjoyed it. I especially liked doing the heel. I found I didn't make any mistakes and there was no ripping. After I put the last sleeve on my sweater (tonight) I'm going to make the second one. I spent an hour at knitting pattern central looking for more socks to try. I printed off a few. They are a great project for summer and by next winter I'll be armed with a handful of wool socks to keep my toes toasty.



1 comment:

Sharon said...

Congratulations! You did a great job. If you're like me, you'll become completely addicted to sock knitting, now that you've got the hang of it!