Sunday, August 19, 2007

Little things...

It was a lazy day here on Long Island. It was so cool it feels like October. Ronin slept the day away while I worked on small projects. I knit a baby hat, crocheted a washcloth and 4 granny squares. Tonight I am going to work on my sock. I was hoping to have it done by this weekend but it didn't work out that way. Today's NASCAR race was rained out so I will spend tomorrow on the couch watching the race, it's supposed to rain here tomorrow so I'll get a lot more knitting or crocheting done.

I tried dyeing some more yarn yesterday, it came out pretty bad. I can't seem to get the hang of making the colors lighter. They come out so vibrant, which is OK if that is what you want. I wanted a little more pastel. So now I've got 440 yards of violet and bright green yarn. It looks like Halloween to me. I also learned that I should not use the whole skein until I start getting results I like. Live and learn.
Ciao!

2 comments:

kadezmom said...

Kelly~

I have the same exact plan for tomorrow with the same weather going on. Have at it sister! The only thing I can't figure is how it's NOT going to be raining in Michigan again tomorrow......oh well, not my problem. Don't forget 11am your time on ESPN2!!! Who is your favorite driver?

Wendy said...

It is going to rain here off and on all day, so I doubt the race will be happening. My SIL went to the race yesterday and got soaked. That serves her right for not taking me again. she has gotten tickets for the Michigan races for the past 3 years and has yet to take me or her brother.
The violet and bright green sounds gorgous. That it the kind of nice bright colors I like to make stuff for my daughter in.
Wendy in Michigan