Saturday, August 25, 2007

Monkeys Finished!!!!

George insisted on modeling these.










I finally finished the Monkeys!!


I used Knit Picks Memories yarn (merino) in Rocky Mountain something or other. I think its "Dusk". I didn't make any modifications. The heel is little long but its not really a problem. I think they came out pretty damn good for my first fancy socks. The only pair I made before were just stockinette. My next pair will be the "Groovy" socks from sockpixie. I'll be knitting them with the yarn I dyed (the pink). I'm not sure how they will look. I started them last night and the color is blocking, you can't really call it pooling because it actually looks like little blocks of color. I ripped them out and am going to start again. Maybe if I start from a different spot they will look different. If not when the socks are done I will throw them into a pot of burgundy dye and see what happens.

3 comments:

alguien que pasaba por ahí said...

jajajajajaja veryyyyy nice and sweeeeety!!!!!!!!!

Sharon said...

Yay! A pair of Monkey socks done, that's an accomplishment, and I know because it took *forever* to do the first one!

They look very cute on George. ^o^

kadezmom said...

I LOVE THOSE SOCKS!!! I've been eyeing that pattern for quite some time. Great job. Love the colorway as well.

Kelly's Quick Newborn Hat

Easy Print Link This pattern uses worsted weight yarn instead of baby weight yarn.   I used two different hooks to get two dif...