Monday, August 20, 2007

Yarn Dyeing




This is the yarn I dyed. It looks much nicer in the pictures. I'm going to make socks for me with the pink. The darker color in it is burgundy. I figure if I don't like the look of the socks I will just over dye them in the burgundy. There is no helping the purple and green. I think I'll make children's socks with it and donate them, I think kids will like the color but it is not for me.


I knit a little swatch with it because I thought I might like it knit up but I just disliked it even more.
It does photograph well though.
I'll have to wait until next month to try again. No money to buy more yarn. Plus I'm tired of skeining it over and over. All those tangles make me crazy.
I'm up to the heel on my second monkey sock. I'll work on that tonight, I love doing the heels.
Ciao!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Well now that you showed the yarn, I like it even more. I guess I am just one of those crazy colors kind of gal.

Sharon said...

I'm with Wendy, I think both skeins came out great! Did you do that with icing dyes? Must try it.

Kelly said...

Thanks ladies, I think I dislike it so much because I had an idea of what I wanted it to look like and what is does look like. I was going for softer colors.
Yes, I did use wiltons dyes. You get some really vibrant colors as you can see!

Diane said...

Kelly, I think you did a great job on the dying........at least you tried it,,that is more than I can say for me...Diane FL