Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Finished second sock


The second Guitar Man sock is complete! I finished it up last night. I can't wait to give them to my uncle. He's going to love them. Heres the details:

Pattern: Guitar Man Socks
Site: Whimsical Knitting
Size: mens 11
Yarn: Knit Picks Essential Multi
Color: Shale Multi
Needles: size 2 (pattern calls for #1 but I knit tightly)
Start date: Oct. 6
Finished: Nov. 13

I really liked this pattern but I have to say it is strange making a pair of size 12 mens socks after making only size 8 womens. They just seemed so large I thought I must be doing something wrong. Had to keep reminding myself mens calves are bigger.

Now I can start on the "We call them pirates" hat for my brother for christmas. Can't wait to start that. The yarn and needles came on Saturday but I wanted to finish the sock before I started anything new. That will be my first real fair isle project, I've done some simpler ones but this is the whole hat. Maybe I'll go start on that now....

1 comment:

Christina said...

Nice socks! I've never done socks before.