Skip to main content

Garbage Disposal






So if you have an akita you don't need a trash compactor. Just give the empty milk and egg cartons to a dog who has a little extra energy to burn off and you kill 2 birds with one stone. I'm sure the dog whisperer would love this behavior, encouraging your dogs destructive behavior is a big no-no. But it keeps him busy and quiet and I don't have to crush the garbage to get it in the can.
I have finished up knitting all of my gifts. I just have to sew the buttons on the neckwarmer for my aunt. I'll try to get pictures tomorrow. Unfortunately I don't have alot of gifts for my family but that is what happens when you are on a fixed income. Hopefully by next Christmas I will be gainfully employed. That is my goal for the new year.
I don't really talk about myself personally on this blog. So I'll give it a try now. In a nutshell as they say. I don't work because I suffer from clinical depression and OCD. I am on medication for both. My old meds wore off about this time last year so I am on new ones. They seem to be working well so I am looking into going back to work. I'm on SSI because the judge did not feel I was eligible for disability since I told my dr i felt "good" on the meds. So anyway, the state has a program for disabled people to go back to work. They provide job training and anything else you might need to help you on your way. I have already taken the first steps and just need to get my paperwork in so I can meet with a counselor. Hey that wasn't so hard, now you know a little more about me.
Goodnight!

Comments

Wendy said…
Thank you for sharing some about yourself.....Now I know a little more about you....You are very caring and generous...You love to make things and design, you have a gorgeous fur baby, You can knit and crochet, and life has thrown you for a loop, but you are not letting it get the best of you.....
I recieved my beautiful Christmas card today....Thank you....
Big Michigan Hugs
Christina said…
Thanks for sharing! Its always nice to know a little about crafty friends. Sounds like you've got a good handle on things with your new meds. Best of luck finding work next year! Merry Christmas!
Eliea said…
I very much love your blog! I found it looking for a sweater pattern and have been reading off and on since. :)
I totally understand what you mean about the depression not on a personal level but I work with clients who have the same problem. It's so frustrating! I'm an office manager for a therapy office and so I really do see this sort of thing all the time. *hugs* I wish you great luck on your venture for the new year!

Popular posts from this blog

Cardigan for Babies

Easy Print PDF Link: Cardigan for Babies
G 6 hook

Bernat Baby softee yarn
Size: newborn

Chain 36
Row 1:
dc in 4th ch from hook and next 3 chs,
3 dc in next ch,
dc in next 5 chs,
3 dc in next ch,
dc in next 10 chs,
3 dc in next ch,
dc in next 5 chs,
3 dc in next ch,
dc in last 5 chs.
ch 2, turn.


rows 2-5: dc in each dc across putting 3dc in center dc of 3dc group below. Ch 2, turn.


row 6: dc across to center of first 3dc group, ch 4, skip across to next 3dc, dc in center st and each st across to center st of 3rd dc group, ch4, skip to last 3dc put dc in center of 3dc group and across to end. ch 2, turn. *Armhole construction tutorial*


row 7: dc in each dc and chain across. ch 2, turn.


rows 8-15: dc in each dc across. Ch 2, turn.


At end of row 15, ch 1, work 2 sc in each end stitch up front side of sweater placing buttonholes where you like. (buttonhole- sc, ch 3, sc in next st)


Work 3 sc in last stitch, sc around neckline, put 3 sc in last st of neck, work 2 sc in each end stitch down…

Sweater Dress Pattern

Easy Print PDF:Sweater Dress

This dress should fit a 6-8 lb newborn baby.

The Lavender dress is made with Pound of Love yarn, and the other is made with Simply Soft yarn in Off White and Soft Pink.

G7 hook
light WW yarn such as Simply Soft or Pound of love.

Bodice-
Ch 36

row 1: DC in 4th CH from hook and next 3 chs,
3DC in next ch,
DC in next 5 chs,
3DC in next ch,
DC in next 10 chs,
3DC in next ch,
DC in next 5 chs,
3DC in next ch,
DC in last 5 chs. Ch 2, turn.

rows 2-5: DC in each DC across, putting 3DC in center DC of 3 DC group below.
Ch 2, turn.

row 6: DC across to center of first 3dc group, ch 4, dc in center of second 3dc group,
DC across to center of third 3dc group, ch 4, DC in last 3dc group, DC to end.
Ch 1, turn. Click here to see pictures of how to make armholes (row 6)



rows 7-10: HDC in first st and each st across. Ch 1, turn.
Join at end of row 10. Do not Chain 1 at the end of row 10. When you get to the end of the row just join to first hdc of row 10.

Skirt- worked in rounds

round 1: Ch 2…

Kellys Sweater

Easy Print PDF:Kelly's Sweater 6-9M

Simply Soft yarn, size G7 hook
Size ( to make larger use a larger hook)



edited January 2009: I have recently taken measurements of this sweater and compared to baby size charts and this sweater is larger than I thought, the new size is 6-9 months not newborn if made with a G hook and Simply Soft yarn.

Here are the measurements of my sweater:
Neckline: 12"
Chest: 19" measured under arm
Sleeves: 4" from under arm to wrist.
Sleeves SHOULD be 5" so add 2 rows to length.

Gauge of my sweater is 4 stitches=1 inch and 2 rows= 1 inch.


Chain 50



Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook and next 4 chs, work 3dc in next ch (corner), dc in next 6 chs, 3dc in next ch(corner),
dc in next 12 chs, 3dc in next ch(corner), dc in next 6chs, 3dc in next ch(corner), dc in last 14 chs. Ch 2,turn.



Rows 2-7: dc in each st putting 3dc in center st of each corner. Ch2, turn.



Row 8: dc in each st to first corner, ch 5, dc in center st of second corner, dc across t…