Sunday, December 2, 2007

Pirate Hat done!



I finished the "We Call them Pirates" hat. This is not the one that was in the last post. I had to frog that one. Its knit on 16" circulars and I ended up pulling the floats so tight that the hat just got smaller and smaller. So Dad and I made 20" circulars. Actually Dad did most of the work. I used size 4 bamboo needles, cut them down to 4" drilled a hole in the end (Dads job) and glued weed wacker line in and Voila! 20" circulars!!! Here is the link if you are so inclined to try it. I found it in the forums at Ravelry. I dont' think you could make them any smaller then a size 4.
I'm going to make another one of these hats only reverse the colors, for my cousin for Christmas. I ordered 2 skeins of each color and only used 1 of each. I used TLC cotton for the lining. I still have to tack that down. I'm not looking forward to that part.

I'm halfway done with the blanket for my cousin, sorry no pics yet.

I think I'll cast on for the second hat tonight.
Ciao!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

The hat looks great!