Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Baby Buntings















I've been working on these baby buntings for Southside hospital. I thought they would be warmer than just a sweater. I hope to get some more done. You can get the pattern at miracleshappen.us. I've played around with the pattern a little. I left some of them open all the way down with buttons to close them. I've also got about 20 hats done too.
My little esty shop needs some new things so I've made 3 new baby sweaters and a spring dress for AG dolls.
And I've knit 2 hats for myself, I have to take pictures of them. I think thats it.
Mom gave me a gift certificate to knitpicks for my birthday. My order came today. I'm learning how to knit socks on 2 circulars so I ordered some more of those and some extra tips for the options set. I really like knitting on 2 circs, I finished my hats that way instead of using DPNs.
I just put half of the stitches on another circular and left half on the needle I was working with. Its so much nicer and quicker. And I got another skein of the Bare yarn for dyeing.
I've bought so much yarn this month so I really need to get to work. I'm knitting the Zodiac baby sleep sack from knitty. I'll try to get a picture of my progress tomorrow. I'm up to the shaping for the top, which I will be working on when I'm done here.
Well I think I've got you caught up on what I've been working on so far this year. Talk to ya soon.
Ciao



8 comments:

Christina said...

The buntings are adorable! Thanks for linking the pattern. My cousin is having a baby soon and I may try it. I made another one of your Kelly sweaters too. :)

3anklebiters said...

I recently found your blog while searching for American Girl doll patterns. You do a wonderful thing making these items for hospitals. We lost our daughter shortly after she was born 10 years ago. We receieved similar gifts from the hospital and I treasure them to this day. You make a difference.

Kelly said...

Thank you for your kind words. I'm so sorry for your loss.

lisabeedesigns said...

I love those buntings! What fiber do you use for them? I wonder if some of my local hospitals could use some. (hmm! more projects!)

Kelly said...

Hi Lisa, I used acrylic yarn. Its what the hospitals usually request so they don't have to deal with allergic reactions to wool.

Ally said...

How were you able to make it with buttons all the way down, that is my favorite!

Kelly said...

hi ally, don't join the bunting, just leave it open. If you've made sweaters before it is just like a really long sweater.

sumon220 said...

Really nice jobs just like it, thanks your post.