Sunday, August 10, 2008

Busy, Busy Summer


Hello everyone!! I can't believe how long its been since my last post. I've been meaning to but I have so much to share I was overwhelmed. So instead of one big post I'm going to share a little everyday.

Where to begin? How 'bout why I've been so busy...


I've gone back to school. Pretty scary since its been 20 years since I last went to school. I am going to learn bookkeeping. I've decided that its time for me to go back to work. In the past I have only worked retail and definitely do not want to do that anymore. It is a state run program for people with disabilities and other problems. I go 4 days a week from 9 a.m to 3 p.m. Its a 6 month program, I should be done around the beginning of next year. I have been so tired at night that I have not got that much knitting or crocheting done.


My cousins wedding is at the end of the month, I am the maid of honor. There has been a lot of wedding stuff to do. The shower was last weekend. It was a great success. I made the 2 ringbearer pillows because I wanted them to match the dresses. Her colors are chocolate brown and light green. The dresses are brown. I made the pillows cream with a brown trimmed with green band. Same with the photo album. They are very simple which is my cousins style.


I've had a lot of requests for more American doll patterns. I am working on a wedding dress, it just has to be written down. It is a very simple dress, easy for a beginner. While making it I got some ideas for fancier ones. I will work on them over the summer. The problem is while I like creating new patterns, I hate writing them down.


So that is a quick summary of whats been going on here. I will be sharing pictures from the shower, the gifts I made and my charity things. I hope to try and post one topic each day this week. Stay tuned and thanks for hanging around.


Ciao for now...

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Kelly that is so wonderful that you are going to scholl...good for you....I have been wondering what you have been up to......Hope to hear more.....Big Hugs...

artemisa said...

thanks for your patterns!!www.artemisabusca.blogspot.com