Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lenten Project

Hello!! Happy Mardi Gras!!!
Tomorrow starts the season of Lent. I know that most people tend to "give things up" for Lent but I read that it is also a time of charity and giving alms to the poor. So this year I am going to make 40 hats, one for each day of Lent. Just so you know I am not a very religious person and have never actually given anything up for Lent but I really like the idea of doing extra charity work for the season. If you would like to join me in making 40 items for charity, jump right in. It doesn't have to be just hats it can be whatever you like.

Please leave a comment if you are joining me, I'll try to post each hat I make as I go or every few days.

2 comments:

marbada said...

I'll join you!!
Got myself a ticker also.....

Wendy said...

I am joining you...I am doing washcloths...I also will post them every few days. I think I will do as Marbada is doing and get a ticker....