Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sweet Little Dress


Specifications: Microspun yarn, size 6 needles

I love this dress and it was so easy to knit. I did change it a little. I didn't do the ruffle on then bottom, when I was looking at I thought it would look nice with a seed-stitch bottom to match the top. To finish it that way: after last row of diamond pattern, knit one row, purl one row, knit one row, work in seed stitch for about 6 rows, knit one row, purl one row, knit last row, bind off.

And for the ties I didn't feel like doing the applied I-cord so I crocheted the ties and top trim.

Its a real cute dress and I think I will be making more. It was also a quick knit.

6 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

The dress is adorable!

Megan said...

So cute. Such a pretty color. The crochet trim looks great, applied i-cord is such a chore- I don't blame you for skipping it!

Nithya said...

Lovely dress.. all your works are great. Keep it going. A lovely blog on the whole. :)

First time here and will be back now and then..

Take a look at my blogs when you find time.

http://nitsarts.blogspot.com/

kelsey1 said...

So cute and soft sweater dresses for newborn baby!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial... White and pink combination dress is best one!!

Hanna said...

The sweet little dress looks beautiful, i too love knitting, just want to try this one.

RiaRe said...

Everything you do is a labor of love,,,as it shows via your work. God Bless You!!!