Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Baby Mittens

I made this pattern for Baby Mittens while working on trying to get 9 pair of mittens done for Cheyenne River Reservation. The ones in the picture are made out of wool. If you are making them for a hospital you will want to use acrylic or cotton.



Baby Mittens
Size G hook
Worsted Weight yarn

Chain 4, join to form ring.
Row 1: Ch 2, work 9dc in ring.join. (10dc)
Row 2: Ch 2 work dc in same st, work 2dc in each st around.join. (20dc)
Rows 3-9: Ch 1, work HDC in same st and each st around.join (20 hdc).
Row 10: Ch 1, sc in same st, *ch 1, skip 1 st, sc in next st* . Work * to * around. join to first sc.
Row 11: Ch 2, dc in each sc and ch 1 space around. join.
Row 12 & 13: Ch 2, FPDC next st, BPDC next st, repeat around. join.
Finish off after row 13.

Ties: Chain 50, weave thru ch 1's of row11.


2009 Kelly Kearney

If you make one as a gift please consider making one for charity.

Do not sell pattern or items made from pattern.

Do not post pattern to another site, please post just the link instead.

17 comments:

Danette said...

those are really cute Kelly! great job!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your patterns! I really appreciate it.

Love the mitts by the way!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this pattern! It is exactly what I was looking for and so easy to follow!

Erin in OH.

Anonymous said...

These are really cute. I want to make them, but what do FPDC and BPDC mean? I'm new at crocheting.

Anonymous said...

Hi FPDC = front post double crochet and BPDC = back post double crochet. I didn't know what it was either but there are good demo's on Youtube. It's really easy once you see it.

Anonymous said...

your pattern is great. thank you so much the mittens turn out GREAT. i loved them so much that i made a hat to match them! my VERY FIRST PATTERN that i have made :)i was wondering if i could put you link on my pattern so people could use your Baby Mittens pattern to go with my Baby Hat pattern.?

Kelly said...

Sure you can share the link. Glad you liked the pattern.

Kelly

Mary said...

Thank you for sharing this pattern! I just completed the mitts for my soon-to-arrive babe due on 9-28. :) They look great!

Mary

EmmsL said...

I love this pattern. I jsut found it vai Ravelry.com and am making them as gifts for friends who have babies due this year. They look wonderful alongside the booties I have made.

Anonymous said...

Good. Thanks for your help

Heather said...

Thank you for the pattern. I just finished a pair for my 5 month old DD. She is small so they'll get her through the winter. I used plain on super saver yarn, and then the pink is part of a stash left over from a blanket.

Here's a pic.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2385394991798&set=o.252832351422515&type=1&theater

Leona Crafts said...

So adorable ,I made these for my nephew instead of the "tie row" I skipped every other st on row 10 WITHOUT adding a ch 1, then finished the pattern as written!

Diana said...

Love this! I came across your blog, and was so happy to have found it! I been crocheting for years, and have donated all my work to charity in my city, but have never made baby mittens until now. :-) thank you so much for posting this!

Anonymous said...

Making some for my baby!!!

Tracy Roddy said...

I can't quite figure out rows 12 & 13. Im making a pair for a friend that is due in September.

Tracy Roddy said...

Love the mittens! I am tweeking your patern a little on rows 12 & 13. I hope likes them for her baby.

MicT said...

Thanks for the pattern, I really enjoyed making these and love the effect of the last 2 rows, which was the first time making the stitches, for me, I appreciate tht your pattern was clear and easy to follow. Thanks for taking the time to post it :-) I also really like the ties, as it means the mittens will stay on! Kind regards From Michaela in England, UK.