Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sweater with Ruffled Bottom

 Easy Print PDF:
Sweater with Ruffle

Snuggly Wuggly Yarn
G 7 hook
4 Sts & 2 rows per inch

Chain 36
Row 1:
dc in 4th ch from hook and next 3 chs,
3 dc in next ch,
dc in next 5 chs,
3 dc in next ch,
dc in next 10 chs,3 dc in next ch,
dc in next 5 chs,
3 dc in next ch,
dc in last 5 chs.
ch 2, turn.

rows 2-5: dc in each dc across putting 3dc in center dc of 3dc group below. Ch 2, turn.

row 6: dc across to center of first 3dc group, ch 4, skip across to next 3dc, dc in center st and each st across to center st of 3rd dc group, ch4, skip to last 3dc put dc in center of 3dc group and across to end. ch 2, turn. *Armhole construction tutorial*

row 7: dc in each dc and chain across. ch 2, turn.

rows 8-15: dc in each dc across. Ch 2, turn. (ch 1 @ end of row 15)

row 16: sc across. Ch 2, turn

row 17: Put 2 dc in each dc. Ch 2 turn.

row 18: dc across.

At end of row 18, ch 1, work 2 sc in each end stitch up front side of sweater placing buttonholes where you like. (buttonhole- sc, ch 3, sc in next st) ** I did crochet chains as ties on this one**
Work 3 sc in last stitch, sc around neckline, put 3 sc in last st of neck, work 2 sc in each end stitch down side of sweater, work 3 sc in last stitch and sc across bottom of sweater, put 2 sc in last st and join to first sc. finish off.

Sleeves: join yarn to center stitch at bottom on armhole, DC around. Work rows total for sleeves.
Row 10: Put 2 dc in each dc around. Finish off.

2010 Kelly Kearney
If you make one as a gift, please consider making one for charity.
Do not sell pattern or items made from pattern.
Do not post pattern on another site, please just post the link.

18 comments:

ecreech81 said...

iwould love to make this for my daughter for the spring. Do you know how to adjust it to be bigger? she will bein 24 month clothes I think by spring.

Lisa said...

This looks so cute! I'm working on the pattern now, and I wanted to ask about the hat. Is that one of your patterns, or do you have a link to it? Thanks!

Kelly said...

Hat:
http://mannerscrochetandcraft.blogspot.com/2010/01/basic-baby-hat.html

Amy Caroline said...

Oh, that is so cute!! Maybe the baby I am having will be a girl so I can make it!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for the link to the hat pattern. I'm just about done with the sweater. I didn't have any Snuggly Wuggly yarn, so I used Bernat Baby Softee instead. I think I'll look for the Snuggly Wuggly yarn on my next trip to Michael's; it looks like a nice yarn in your pictures.

Molly said...

Just a quick note to tell you I have awarded your blog the Sunshine Award. So come by my blog to pick up the button. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

This is really cute, and I want to make it for my niece. What size is it? Thanks!!

Bev P said...

hello, cute pattern.
Question...shouldn't row 17 read "2 dc in each SC" (not "DC" since row 16 is a sc across). thanks.

Kelly said...

Yes it should, thanks for letting me know.

crochetbutterfly said...

Kelly You really have beautiful
patterns and I love them all!! I was wondering if the Sweater with the ruffled bottom is newborn size.
Our charity group is doing our annual sweater drive for the hospitals and they require newborn sizes. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Joanne

Kelly said...

Yes it is newborn.

Amanda said...

What size is this pattern?

Kelly said...

Its a newborn size.

Trina said...

Kelly, I've searched and searched and love your pattern the best but am needing it in a 6-month size. Might you suggest how it could be adjusted for a 6-month old?

Kelly said...

I would try a larger hook and maybe worsted weight yarn instead of sport/baby weight.

Katie said...

Thank you so much for posting this free pattern (as well as your others)...I am part of a knitting/crocheting group, and we have been making various baby items for charity, especially the NICU at the hospital(I'm a medical student). I just finished this and its so adorable, I hope someone can make good use of it:)

Laura said...

I made this for my granddaughter and it turned out so cute ! Thank you so much for the pattern. I put it on my Pintrest board so I hope you will have more visitors to your site!

Jackie Hetzler said...

I don't see where the information is to do the ties instead of the buttons. Could you please let me know how you did the ties. Thanks