Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Anyone else do this??


I have 10 books in my knitting library. I have only made one thing from them all, a burp cloth from Mason Dixon. After looking at them stacked on my shelf I have decided to try and use them. My first thought was to pick a book and knit some or all of the patterns in it. I didn't really like that idea so I have decided to knit one project from each book. This will be my spring/summer project. The first book I picked (its really more like a leaflet) is by Cabin Fever, it is called "Baby-V, No Sew Knitting: Top down, v-neck cardigans for preemie to 18 months". I got it from Patternworks. I am doing the first pattern in the book, I'm using Bernat Baby softee in Peach. This book has good directions. It contains patterns for 8 different sweaters. They all use DK weight yarn and size 3 & 5 needles. At the end of the book are hat and sock patterns to match the sweaters. I picked the simplest sweater to start with. Just a basic cardigan. I'll post some pictures of it later, I messed up the buttonhole so I have to frog 2 rows and fix it. Well, I guess I should get back to knitting.
Have a great week!

7 comments:

Gabby said...

I totally do that! I have so many cookbooks, sewing books, etc...

pinkangel said...

and I keep getting more plus all the ones I get online............and I don't have a pattern for what???? There is something wrong with this picture..........But then I am a crafter and all crafter's do that....right???

Kelly said...

I have a ton of online patterns too! I have binders full of them.
I'll decide I want to try and make something and I'll have to print out every pattern I find for that item.
I knew I could'nt be the only one!

Slipstitches said...

Yes, I do the same thing and just bought another one on knitting.

Molly said...

That is a great idea! Maybe this will get me to using "some" of the patterns that I have been saving forever. Thanks for the boost of creativity.

jen said...

Kindred Spirits! We moved into a 2 bedroomed bungalow and my DH put his foot down, ha! ha!, one book in = one book out. He doesn't use a computer so he doesn't know what I have loaded on here, lol.

Bailey said...

When I first started buying books I bought more generic subject books and did few of the projects. Now that I have settled mostly on crochet projects I have gotten stingy about what I purchase and I am doing more of what I buy. I am thinking of thinning out some of the earlier purchases to make room for the stuff I know I will do.

I still run in to the purchases that end up being beyond what I ever thought that looked so simple and end up being beyond my humble talents. I am trying to get better about those mistakes.