Friday, May 14, 2010

My First Knit Shawl


I made this shawl using mill ends wool I got from Brown Sheep, I have no idea what it is. I just know that its wool. This used about 5 hanks. Its knit from the tip up to the widest part. This will be sent to an elder on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.

Don't you just love this blanket? Its made in strips instead of squares. I used "I Love this Yarn". I'm not really sure how much yarn I used because I used partial skeins. Its been sitting in a bag for a few months waiting for the last strip to be knit. I didn't think I had enough Ivory to finish. I have been waiting for Hobby Lobby to put the yarn on sale but they haven't.
Well the other day I got sick of looking at it so I figured I would work the last strip until I ran out of yarn and maybe I could find a ball in my large leftover collection to match. As it turns out there was enough Ivory with about 2 yards to spare.
I just started another one using Pound of Love in off white, light blue and denim blue. It is supposed to be a gingham look which I didn't do with the brown and green. So I thought I'd try it in blues.

4 comments:

April said...

Kelly, your shawl and your blanket are both gorgeous, what great work you do!

April / Pine Ridge Elders

Anita said...

You go girl! Both look great! I especially love that blanket!

Kate said...

Both came out great! The blanket is very cool!

Kim said...

Just saw this... great first shawl! I have used this pattern before and love it. I think the clean lines are lovely, and the yarn is such a warm color. Great shawl!