Friday, August 13, 2010

Knit -n- Rip


Don't you just hate those days. I started to knit a scarf with some super bulky wool. I cast on 18 stitches on size 13 needles and was just working garter stitch. Well it was a little wider than I wanted and I thought I would run out of yarn at this rate. So I decided to try a hat, thought I had figured out the guage and cast on for that, after a few rows I thought I should measure as it seemed a little large. It was about 25" round. OK, back to the scarf, cast on 12 stitches, came out to about 5" wide. Ripped that out and cast on 15 stitches and I think I finally got it right. So at 10:30 p.m I have about 12" knitted after 2 1/2 hours of knitting. GRRRRR!!!! I should be about halfway done with the scarf. I'll share pictures when I finally finish it.

3 comments:

Lupie said...

I've had many of those days. Makes me nuts!

Seelenfein... said...

It´s so sad, but i know, you do at next time wonderful knitteing/ crocheting things. I love all your work.

I have a "present" for you, please look here and grab it: http://meggi1908.blogspot.com/2010/08/ich-wurde-ausgezeichnet.html

Many smiles send you
Annika

Alicia said...

That was me when i was trying to work on a sweater for myself. After frogging it many times over, I just switched to another project and will work on the sweater once i;m done with my cardigans.