Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Now that Christmas is over I can share some of the gifts that I made. First is a tea cosy I knit for my Uncle. I used Cascade 220 Paints which is a superwash wool. I used a darker variegated yarn so if it got tea dripped on it it would not show. The pattern is called “A Cup of Christmas Tea” that I purchased at Ravelry. I had to learn to do an I-Cord cast on and an I-Cord bind off. They were pretty easy and give the edges a real finished look.


The next gift I knit was the “3 A.M. Cable Hat” that I made for my cousin. I used Cascade 220 in a blue/black twisted colorway.




Then there are these adorable wine bottle toppers I knit to put on the wine I was bringing to parties.They were a big hit and I plan on making more next year. They were made with regular Red Heart.

2 comments:

Paula said...

WIshed I knit . . the wine toppes would be great. Instead, I sat down and made up wine bags for r bottles. . . they were so mucghfun.

Paula said...

I Love Your Blog.

Due to your style, I would like to pass along the Stylish Blog Award to you. Please stop over to the Crochet and Cross Stitch Pattern Slut and pick up your award. Then, pay it forward:0}